Thursday, June 29, 2006

Hard to Believe




It is so hard to believe that July is here, well almost. July? Really? Bo is now 2mos old - at his check up on Monday he weighed 13.3lbs and was 24inches long - 69 and 75th percentiles. So, no he is not GIGANTIC in comparison to others his age. However, even as recently as 3weeks ago, Anna was still in the 25th percentiles so, for us, Bo is a BIG BOY!

Both kids are totally healthy, happy and such a joy. We have just had a blast with them the last week or so. Not that every moment isn't pure joy (think screaming 2yr old, refusing to take a bath, hungry baby wanting fed and it is 8pm and we all just want to go to bed, ha!)....but specifically our Tuesday at the aquarium with dear friends from Boise, a night out with the Lee's and meeting the Miller's who do live here in Tulsa. Wednesday, Aunt Shelley and Mal and Mason came for a visit and we swam, ordered pizza and took good summer naps. Jake and I have taken the kids to the park, gone grocery shopping as a family and just savored every moment.

Sunday night I really thought it was over - my "hanging" in there...I crashed and just cried and as I was aching and feverish (mastitis) all I could think of was again, "I want to go home" and I didn't know where home was and wasn't sure when I would know where that was. I was so frustrated. Well, 72hrs, some good antibiotics and moments of bliss with my family, I think I found my current home, anytime anyplace where Jake, Anna, and Bo are with me, I am HOME.

Leads me to today, just me and Bo. It has been good, we have done nothing but be with each other (in between loads of laundry). Anna is in Pocola, OK (just outside of Ft. Smith) with Shelley and Michael. She is being entertained and taken care of by her cousins. I know she at least got a nap today and that is a plus!
My heart aches when she isn't here, even though I also relish it being a tad quieter. One of those being a mom things, I think.

Well, since I last posted, Jake and I have celebrated our 6th anniverary, Jake turned 29, Bo turned 2mos and Anna, well Anna just plain got a tad older, smarter and prettier. heehee.

My thankful list today will be all about the 3 others that make up the Jacob W. Lyon family - as I celebrate our anniversary, my husband, our family and feel extremely greatful that through crazy, horrific, trying, happy, exciting and life changing moments we have each other.

1. Jake deciding to stick with this insane CA girl that was his direct opposite. 7 years ago, on July 3 1999, he said I could take him to the movies for his bday but this was "NOT A DATE". June 24, 2000 he committed to date only me for the rest of his life. heehe

2. The way a little girl can say, "Mommy you are pretty", when I am fresh out of the shower with my hair towel dried, not brushed and quite a sight to behold. She is so innocent and can only think that it is my heart she sees and thinks is pretty??? Certainly wasn't my exterior.

3. My little Bowman who has learned to laugh and there is something about a 2mo laugh that makes you stop WHATEVER you are doing, kneel down and partake. Now that is happiness.

4. Jake's commitment to our family, allowing me to stay home and raise our kids during the day while he brings home a paycheck, no matter how he has to do it. These days he is in an air conditioning building, using his smarts, but 2 short months ago he was outside, using his arms. DOesn't matter - he will do whatever. I am blessed.

5. Knowing that when we said "I do" it was forever, not for just right now. We still have our moments, but I can also say we have never called each other a name, said something we totally regret or slept a night a part. We are a team, a unit and I find immense security in that, even when he does leave his clothes on the floor!

6. Anna's sweet heart, I am sure it is just a God given blessing. But that little girl loves her little brother, her daddy and some days her mommy and she likes to show it. She is known for random kisses, asks for hugs and can be heard saying, "I Wuv You" more than 1 time a day.

7. Bo's sweet chubby cheeks - I alwasy wanted some baby fat to pinch, now I have it. And right now, he doesn't mind being smothered in kisses. I will take it while I can.

8. Jake's blue eyes, yes, to me, they are still so dreamy.

9. The time we have as a family, living in an apartment where there is no yard or house work. The location of this apartment that has allowed us to do things at a slower pace, at least this last week.

10. Climbing into bed at the end of the day, when Anna has been checked on and seen holding her two giraffes and slilently dreaming, Bo is chomping on his paci and letting out little baby moans and Jake reaches over, puts his arm around me and kisses me on the head. All I can muster to say is I love you, I love this. Thank you God, I am so blessed.

Our Lives in Color

Lilypie 4th Birthday Ticker Lilypie 1st Birthday Ticker