Thursday, July 06, 2006

New Sister....

A few cute pictures from the last few days!


You heard it, I am getting a sister. Yep, at the age of 27, I am getting a sister who is a 24yr old kindergarten teacher from Colorado Springs, CO. and an absolute joy to be around.
Erin Hogan is joining the STOCK family. It is official! Brandon parted with some of his cash (if you know him at all you know he must really like her) and atop Erin's left hand sits almost 2carats of sparkling diamonds.

I could not be happier about the addition to our family and she is now officially allowed to be called Aunt Erin by my kids. How fun!

So, that is the biggest news. Oh wait! One more piece of big news. The house in Arkansas has SOLD! Yeehaw. We got an offer this past holiday weekend for only $4500 less than we were asking. The light at the end of the tunnel is shining brightly. In 1 month I hope to be an official Tulsa resident. Perhaps with a lot of unpacking to do, but that is beside the point.

Bo is sleeping 8+hours at night which is great. Anna has done her duties on the potty several times and asking for panties more and more, so we are making progress in that arena.

Jake is enjoying his job, no more free toilet paper to report of yet, but they had another "safe" month, so it is just a matter of time.

I sat down with both kids asleep and nothing but time to write. However, I have since wasted a lot of time doing other things and now find myself with a crying baby and laundry to fold. The life of an at home mom!

I must go, but I will close with a list

1. Our house selling
2. Fourth of July with Brandon and Erin
3. Bo sleeping so much, in turn, I get to sleep normally
4. Little Debbie Swiss Rolls from the freezer, something Jake turned me onto and NO they are not on my diet
5. Getting up the guts to say yes to walking a half marathon in Nov. with Carrie. Training starts tonight.
6. New nursing bra that is actually comfortable - you have NO IDEA what a feat this was..remember Bo is over 2months old.
7. Seeing Krista on Monday - it was great!
8. Anna sitting still long enough for me to trim her hair. Since I am no hairdresser this took a lot longer than it should have. But I think it looks okay and it was free.
9. Jake taking my car to get an estimate on a detail job. Lame to some, but to me, this is like the best anniversary gift EVER. Clean houses and clean cars make me super happy.
10. Target, the store that is, I have missed it. You can get everything you need there and 9/10 times it is cheaper.

4 comments:

Carlyle said...

Congrats on the new sister and on selling your house in AR. That's awesome. Ok, sleeping 8 hrs or more at night. I am SOOOOO jealous. That's just not fair. Can I send Aeriel down for a week so you can get her trained?

sfitz said...

Just a little FYI on the nursing bra... Carrie JUST found one that is perfect for her and Ez is 8 months old. So really you're ahead of the game. :)

sfitz said...

Oh, and Yippee for Brandon! Hearts must be breaking across the US.

Carrie P said...

Yeah, I was going to tell you I just got a great one - 8 months into it but Sarah beat me to it...isn't it fantastic?? And thats great about walking a half marathon!! How fun! Just take it one day at a time!

Our Lives in Color

Lilypie 4th Birthday Ticker Lilypie 1st Birthday Ticker