Wednesday, August 02, 2006

All Moved In

Here we are, residents of Tulsa, OK - officially! Our tags are changed, licenses, car titles etc. Once again, Okies! I didn't really think I would ever say that again, or be excited to say it, but I am. This was such a blessing in disguise and I, for one, am so happy to be here.
One week ago we had all of our things delivered here, to our new house. And now, all but our main living area is put away, decorated and feeling very homey. I just love it. Everything is working out wonderfully. We have a few minor TODO's but nothing to complain about (other than any kind of to do when it is 106 out is not so fun).
The kids have transitioned well and we have had no issues to speak of with them. ALLELUIA! We were able to take a small break last TH night and go to the Tim McGraw/Faith Hill concert in OKC. It was so fun (as always) and I never get sick of seeing them live. I could go on and on about the horrible heat, but seeing as we have air conditioning, it doesn't seem fair to complain.
I have so much to be thankful for there is no way it will fit in one blog, nor would I be able to remember everything and everyone I wanted to thank, however, I feel I need to attempt it. So, without further ado, and without counting, here goes my list.

OH! I hope to be more regular now that we are all hooked up again, and I do owe all my fans some new pictures, so stay posted!

Okay here we go:

Being able to call "home", home...and know where "home" is :0)

All the prayers that weren't sent our way the last four months - God is so good.

The smooth transition we have had so far, and the hope that our last step (closing on the house in AR on Fri) goes just as smooth.

Air conditioning

Jake's job

Bo sleeping like a champ

Anna continuing on with the NO DIAPERS! Go girl! She is so proud of herself.

My inlaws for helping us once again paint and tidy up this house

My brother and Erin for their babysitting and creative help two weekends ago!

Soft carpet

Korian countertops that are SO easy to clean!

Skylights

Trash service that comes twice a week

My kids being so photogenic that Target had me sign a release form so they could use their portraits in some ad material for their photo studio!

Programmable thermostats, if you don't have one, you must get one. This house did not have one and we were just lost without it.

Sarah C. for letting me and the kiddos stop by and chill for a few hours, it is always so nice and relaxing.

Amy for always knowing when I need her to ask, "And how are YOU doing?"

My bed - I have missed it
My washer and dryer (see above)

Speaking of, time for some shut eye. I thank God for the short time we had in AR, I don't think we know yet why he got us there for just a year, but maybe it was his route to get us here. I am thankful for it, no matter what and I pray we keep our ears and eyes open to learning why we ended up where we did?!?! I will say, with a chuckle, that some people get little souveneirs of their trips to exotic places, or romantic nights alone...you know what I mean by souveniers...aka KIDS. Well, we have our little souvenier of AR. How glam! We were there just long enough to get pg with BO and see him make his entrance. If that is all we get, that is enough to last the next 3 lifetimes!

Good night.

3 comments:

sfitz said...

So good to have you back! I am a fan, so bring on the pictures!! :)

Sarah said...

Congratulations on everything and welcome back.
Loves!

James said...

glad to hear the move went smoothly and you guys are well. I must admit, I don't know much about OK, but it has to be an ok place if the abbreviation is OK.

Our Lives in Color

Lilypie 4th Birthday Ticker Lilypie 1st Birthday Ticker