Thursday, November 16, 2006

Leaves Everywhere!



I think it is officially fall around here. There are leaves everywhere, colorful ones, might I add. With a horrific wind storm yesterday, there are not many leaves left on the trees. Instead, they are piled up against the doors, fences, curbs etc. Quite messy but pretty and a wonderful reminder that everything has a season. Aggh yes, my favorite passage in the Bible, Ecclesiastes 4? I think it is. You know the one about time...that there is a time for everything.

I need to be cleaning my house, something I have now successfully put off for at least a week! And, my deadline is nearing as the family starts arriving tonight in preparation for Andrew's wedding on Saturday! What am I doing instead of cleaning? Blogging! It is way overdue and I feel like I have a lot of stuff in my head, so here I am.

Sorry about the pictures I posted being almost OUT OF DATE. How pathetic is that? Oh well. As you can tell they are from Oct. 31, which we lovingly refer to in our house as Fall Festival night.

I had some oral surgery yesterday and have a swollen lip and a mouth full of stitches, and that is what begins today's thankful list:
1. Narcotics, sometimes you just have to have them.
2. A fresh haircut/color - my brother lovingly pointed out last weekend that I have gray hair. Jake kept saying no one notices. Hmm, proved him wrong. Thank goodness for color in a box.
3. A surprise visit from Brando, turns out that a long weekend is tooo long to stay in Altus, and driving 3.5 hours to see us is worth it.
4. My first ever turkey cooking experience. It turned out great! We had a thanksgiving dinner at Church last Sunday.
5. Jake's willingness to jump in and be a co-small group leader. Our first gathering is this coming Sunday.
6. My daughter telling me she was glad I came to school to get her today, complete with a hug. Left me speechless.
7. The amazing pictures of my kids that were recently taken. I will see if I can post them?!?!
8. My husband, he amazes me everyday, in one way or another. I love him to pieces.
9. God's way of continuing to work on my heart and soul through an old book called "Daniel". It is just astonishing the way it is so prevelant to us today. We totally live in a modern day Babylon. If you have no idea what I am talking about, read the chapter and pray for some insight, He will show ya!
10. Bo sleeping through the night last night, first time since I last blogged about it....fingers crossed.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Oh my goodness, they are so cute! Look at Bo!!!!!!!!!!!!! He should be a bear model!

Our Lives in Color

Lilypie 4th Birthday Ticker Lilypie 1st Birthday Ticker