Monday, November 27, 2006

Thankfullness Everywhere


Aghhh yes, leaves...we spent Thanksgiving raking up leaves, which proved to be futile as 24hrs later, there are at least as many on the ground as there was before we raked. Oh well, we had fun!
I would post pictures of Bo, but he is asleep when we get going with the camera, so I must admit, I don't have any new ones. Sniff sniff. I will get on that :0)
Speaking of Bo, he is now SEVEN months old. I can hardly believe it, SEVEN months? Are you kidding? He is so fun, rolling all over the place, laughing constantly and a great jumper (in his bouncy). He has a sweet spirit that is marked by a smile that usually only disappears when he is hungry or sleepy. Anna was cute, don't get me wrong, but she didn't smile like this guy. That his his trademark, SMILES!
There isn't much as far as a family update. We ate chicken casserole on Thanksgiving day, and saved the feast for Sat. when we joined the English family (Jake's mom's side) in Lindsay for the traditional MORE FOOD than you can imagine dinner. I will take a picture one of these holidays.
So, onto my list:
1. My bachelorette 24hr party...okay so not a party, but ALONE time, yes all alone - Jake took the kids to Ft. Smith last week and I stayed here, had a pedicure, ate at my favorite mex place with Natalie and Carrie and spent over 2hrs in a book store. I just plain did what I wanted to do!
2. Jake's giving spirit
3. Bo's smile as he touches my face, I can't help but think he is saying "mommy, I love you"
4. Jumping in the leaves with Anna on Turkey day
5. Memories of Thanksgivings in Brianhead, UT with the Princes' and Andersons' - seems like someone always asks what my family did growing up on Thanksgiving, and so each year, I get to relive the adventures. And yes, Judy, in my head, I start singing "nevermind".
6. Crockpot recipes
7. Best ever Apple Pie recipe and my will power to eat just one slice on Friday and one on Saturday and leave the left overs. I did not bring it home. Sigh.
8. The lessons God is teaching me through Daniel. Wow, I am convicted.
9. Jake loving me, wholeheartedly, even when I mess up (BADLY)
10. The Christmas season is upon us and you know how I love Christmas. Once that tree gets here I will be staying home just to sniff it. HA!


No comments:

Our Lives in Color

Lilypie 4th Birthday Ticker Lilypie 1st Birthday Ticker