No, my title means nothing, absolutely NOTHING. I just didn't want to write SUNDAY or CONFUSED or anything else that was mundain. So, there you go.
What have we been doing the last week? Um, fighting an ear infection. You heard me right. Wake up Wed. morning, we have goo running out of the right ear (this is Bo of course). Thought #1 - THAT IS SICK! #2 - I guess that means the tubes are working #3 - What do I do with the goo? #4 - Is this a call to the ENT or the pediatrician?
So, by 4pm I had all my answers, Call BOTH Dr.'s the ENT calls in the ear drops, but requires no visit. The pediatrician requires a visit because there is screaming, fever and some pulling to go along with the goo. The goo signifies ear infection, or their attempt at getting infected. So, two dr.'s, one trip to Walmart, two prescriptions and at least 10days of peace, b/c while he is "drugged" he tends to feel good. We have consumed an ENTIRE bottle of Infant Motrin this week. Now remember this is just Wed.
Fast forward to Thursday afternoon, Bo wakes up from his nap...he now has blood oozing out of his right ear, yes folks BLOOD. Interesting, I think to myself, I did not freak out, I literally thought "WHAT IS IT NOW?", and of course, which Dr. do I call. Oh funny part, the ped is off on TH afternoons and the ENT is in surgery all day. I opt to page the ENT his nurse should be in, she calls asks some questions, says keep him loaded with Motrin, drops and antibiotics and it should stop. OK, will do.
Friday morning, nothing...no oozing of any sort. Is this good or does this mean the tubes are plugged? Oye vei - I call both Dr.'s again and they tell me it could be either, we hope it is that the infection is clearing. I am told to keep with the drops, the antibiotics and see how he is Monday.
Our weekend has been fine, not action filled by any means, well Jake and I did go out for the second time in nine months on Sat. which was awesome, but Bo didn't go anywhere but church this morning. I know he isn't contagious and for the most part he feels okay, but all of this "stuff" has got this mom paranoid. I have never been a worry wart about my kids, I have not thought much about germs, (don't get me wrong I carry sanitizer and we wash etc. but you know, I do let them play on equipment at the mall, pick up dirt etc.)....BUT my son has not felt well in two yes TWO months, he has had 2 operations, 1 case of pneumonia, 1 case of cropu that landed us in the ER with Stridor, 2 ear infections (1 of which didn't clear until the tubes were inserted and that was only 3 weeks ago). Do you know how many medications I have for this boy? I swear Wal-mart pharmacy knows us by name. I am not complaining, nothing SERIOUS is wrong with Bo and for that I am thankful. But, I am prayerful too, prayerful that he will get better, all the way better. I want his pain to stop, I want to stop strapping him down to inject medication, I want to stop wondering if I should leave the house after 3pm b/c that is usually when he melts down, has the most pain etc. I am not having a pity party, I am crying out to God to please hear me (really, I know he does), and please just cover our family in peace, HEALTHY peace. I am so greatful no one else is or has been sick. I am thankful for medical insurance (whew baby the EOB's are flying in 3 at a time and I am not joking).
Enough of that, I feel better, and that is, after all, the point right?
I wanted those of you who know me as a NON READER to to READ this, I am currently reading Fields of Gold by Andy Stanley, Doing the workbook to Financial Peace by John Ramsey (sided with his book), Reading "How to Tell Yourself the Truth" by William Buckus (and doing the study), doing Beth Moore's John the Disciple and reading Super Baby Food.
Now, I know this sounds like Dan Prince's nighstand, but this is in fact Keri Lyon's end table. I know, crazy....I am not looking for kudos, I am looking for ya'll to be purely SHOCKED beyond belief. Mind you I am behind in Beth Moore and Wiliam Buckus and it is my goal to be back on track with both of those by the time those two groups meet. The others are all "personal" things and I vow to actually FINISH them, then we will really be accomplishing something. Oh! I did get my USWeekly in this week too. I feel like I am in college - deadlines and all. teehee.
Seriously, God is feeding every area of my life and man did I need it. I have been convicted in the last few months in areas that obviously needed help and some that were buried way down. I am so thankful that God knows what we need and when we need and how we will be receptive to it. The list above is all HIM, puting the right people, the right support, the right books etc. all together, or it never would've happened.
It is getting late, and I have a lot to get done before Tuesday morning (Beth Moore) and then Wed. night (William Buckus) and I have a few guilty pleasures on TV I want to soak in as well....and this is my time, while all is quiet.
So, goodnight from Tulsa. Please know that I appreciate the fact that you are still reading (if you are) and maybe adding my little boy to your list. He is awful cute and really deserves to feel good.
Much love
K
Sunday, March 25, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)





No comments:
Post a Comment