Thursday, March 15, 2007

We are home!

Yes, it is Thursday, and yes we got home at 1amCST on Sunday....but I kind of feel like we rolled in last night.

We barely got everything unpacked and then Tues. Anna turned 3 and gifts galore from Grandma, left a huge pile of clothes in her room that need tried on, washed etc.

In Bo's room lays a canvas that needs hung (I picked it up Wed. a friend at MOPS painted it for me) and so it is my menace as I move it to the floor when he is sleeping, and into the crib (to protect it when he is awake)....

Our room has a pile of ironing, and a pile of TOO BIG for me clothes (yeah you read that right, I am NOT complaining)...but, it is just that I got all the trip stuff put away and have all these other little things to do and our week has just bee USUAL which has left me little free time.

Bo had a post op EAR appt. on Tuesday. Good news, he is PERFECT! Tubes are in and he is happy, sleeping all night, eating table foods, walking between objects (steady or not), we purchased his first pair of shoes this week and he is quite obviously becoming my little boy rather than my baby boy. This mom has cried a tear or two over that this week, as I feed him his one measly bottle a day and watch him triumphantly drink from his sippy the rest of the day.

Tuesday Anna turned three, another sniff sniff....we are trying the "NOW THAT YOU ARE THREE YOU HAVE TO POOP IN THE POTTY" and so far, so good. She got some $ from GG that she knows is for her swing set in the back yard, a whole wardrobe from Grandma, and some more $$$ from her mommy and daddy stockpiled for the swing set. We did bday cookies and juice for her school and she has proudly announced to several strangers that she is "free" now, not "two" and yes, that is exactly how she says it. We got the All Healthy from her ped. At 29.8lbs she is FOR SURE a skinny thing but tall at 38 1/2 inches. One of her tubes is out completely and the other is just in the canal and should fall out anytime. The good news is, it appears she will no longer battle the ear thing, as she has made it through winter with no ear problems and virtually no tubes (since they are out of the ear drumbs themselves), so this is good!

As for our trip. Wow! We had a great time. We were bless enough to have Jake's parents keep the kids two entire days so we not only skiied/boarded but did it ALONE. It was so fun. It was the best kind of date ever. We would take alone time in the snow over ANYTHING else! The weather was beautiful, spring skiing but no real slush. So that was nice. I have a ton of pictures but need to get them all loaded which takes an afternoon in itself.
The car trip went well, it was Bo's first big one and he basically slept or watched Anna, who was watching a DVD. That is just what he likes to do, STARE at big sister.

I was quite impressed with myself, boarding after 4yrs of either skiing only or nothing (b/c of pregnancy), given the altitude, I can honestly say that had this trip happened any earlier I would have died. But with 15lbs less on this body then there was at Christmas and a few spin classes under my belt, I didn't do too shabby. Don't get me wrong, I huffed and puffed and my legs were pure jelly a few times, but I survived.

Wow, this is getting long and perhaps a little boring, so I will close for now. Let me see if I can get a few pics in.

Our Big Skiier


Daddy and Bo - Look at all the TU Blue!


This would be the Family


And yes, we are still in love, with each other and the SNOW!


And! Before I forget, happy late SECOND birthday to Camille Coffin our dear friend.

Much love

No comments:

Our Lives in Color

Lilypie 4th Birthday Ticker Lilypie 1st Birthday Ticker