Hello everybody. How bad am I at updating? How horrible that I go through my list of blogs to check, on a daily basis - like a bad habit, and get slightly sad when people don't update. All the while, here I am going a month without so much as a simple picture! No excuse.
Our trip to ID was wonderful. The plane ride there was challenging to say the least. And, upon arrival swore Jake would have to take vacation and fly out there to rescue us and bring us home. Luckily I was there for 10 days, enough time to forget the horror and rev up to try again. To my astonishment it was a MUCH better trip. A few key things I learned - don't mess with the car seat when you don't have to, condense the two year old "toys" to a DVD player and two movies with a bag of candy and trail mix, use premixed formula in a can and put the two year old in pullups, just in case...if she says she has to go, tell her to hold it. If she can't HOLD IT then at least you didn't have to squeeze all three of you in an airplane bathroom, you didn't have to resort to telling her to just pretend it is a diaper and confuse the poor thing (who has been told not to wet her panties over and over for the last three months) and there is no mess. When we arrived in Tulsa we had three happy, tired but happy, campers. Anna was hyped up on sugar, had watched 3+hours of Dora and Veggie tales, but we had daddy to handle that.
Being back at home has been wonderful, we are still looking forward to that FAMILY only weekend, where there isn't anything to do and we can get bored and complain about it. So far, haven't had it. Oh well - we are surrounded by good company and shouldn't complain about that. This coming weekend is Jake's cousin's wedding so we will be in Ft Smith for that as Anna makes her debut as a flower girl, she will do it a total of 3 times in the next 8 months.
Our biggest news is that we became members of Cedar Ridge Christian Church yesterday. What a blessing, to have a church home. We are just so in love with the people we have found, in addition, we had our first home group meeting last night and attended sunday school again! We look forward to Sundays like never before and that is such a great feeling.
My new MOPS group started last Wed. I have decided to go to the group that meets at Anna's school and it was so much fun. The next meeting is at the pumpkin patch! My friend Sarah C. joined us and we did a little lunch date with our total of 4 kids under the age of 3 and enjoyed every moment. We did get some stares especially as I watched all 4 while she ordered and vice versa. No folks, it isn't humanly possible we said to the onlookers. Anna is 2 1/2, Camille is 1 1/2, Bo is 5mos and Isaac is 2mos.
That is it in a nutshell. Anna continues to LOVE school on Tues and Thurs. I am now consistently working those days and trying to spend some QT with BO alone. Tomorrow, I will add a Bible study to the mix in the morning. Our church says that part of membership is getting involved and they really encourage it and keep you accountable and I love it. I love the challenge and for the first time in forever I don't feel like dragging my feet, I feel like jumping in!
I hope this blog finds all of you doing well, enjoying the change in weather as we are!!! Come on fall!
I will post some pictures and hopefully get my template for this blog straightened out so it isn't such a mess. That is what I get for trying to add links and fancy stuff!!!
LOVE
Monday, October 16, 2006
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)





1 comment:
Love it!! You sound so great and happy. Although I did notice a HUGE blunder on your recap of the past month... you saw my MOM!! :) JK. So glad you're doing well. Lot's of love to you all!
Post a Comment