Thursday, January 25, 2007

Mine, All Mine


Yes, dear ones, this adorable baby is MINE, all MINE! He is now nine months old. NINE months. Wow. He can crawl, has three teeth, and just tonight started repeating "dada dada dada". Nooooooooo I say, not just yet.
Then, there are moments like 10:30pm, 11:12pm, 12:19am, 1:46am, 2:30am and 4:32am (LAST NIGHT/THIS MORNING) when I say, isn't he 3yrs old yet and able to get through a night? Oh babies, love them.
Wow, so much has happened since I last posted and I can't begin to give you a recap because most of it is too big for words. Too much of it is GOD stuff that can only be felt and experienced, not READ.
I will recap last Wednesday... being iced in, dear Sarah C. braves the roads and heads over here to spare me (or shall I say my kids) from another day of Noggin and play dough. She makes it...it takes both of us, two trips each to get her and her young ones from the car (which had to be parked across the street) to our house. We made it and had fun and then it was time for them to leave. We decided to go the same route, two people, two trips, we should be fine. Our "route" included heading NE down our lawn towards our neighbors, then gripping their truck which was parked in the driveway, sliding into the street and then we would skid across the street to Sarah's car. Worked well, until we had to head back UP to get the next kid. You see going DOWN is the easy part. Going up, oye vei. You guys it was solid ice, ice skating worthy ICE. and we slipped and slided and laughed and laughed and literally wondered for a brief moment how we would get back to the kids in the house. I love that I shared it with Sarah. THe whole experience involved me putting my hands around her waist and catching her as she slipped, then helping eachother grab tree limbs and other assorted grasses at a mere attempt to get a footing. No one was hurt and for SURE broke up the monotony of the worst ice storm Tulsa has seen. School was out for a week, we received no mail for a week and no trash pick up. Pure craziness.
Okay, so that is the funny stuff. And trust me, I am well aware that my recollection of the events probably don't really do it justice you just had to be here.
I am so thankful that, as crazy as it is, life returned to normal this week. Two days of school for Anna, Mops for all three of us on Wed. Bible study and church! Yahoo!
Oh retreat...back up, last Saturday, women's mini retreat. Went to Embassy Suites (they new better than to cancel a retreat due to ANY circumstance when 30 ladies had been home bound with kids for a WEEK), spent the night in a luxurious suite, stayed up until 3am, gabbed and snacked and celebrated our friendship! Oh we praised and prayed and learned too.... :0)
Have I mentioned how much I love our church, and our new friends and the HOME we have found at CRCC. AMEN!
I took the plunge on Sunday and signed up for a trip to Nashville, TN with the church. Another gal in my SSclass is going with me, we are going to "Deeper Still"
Happy Birthday to me. I am so excited.
Okay - so um...that covers the usual day in day out stuff. I could go on and on about the ice storm, but it is over and I saw sun today and so it is officially over.
I have had some HUGE God moments in the last 72 or so hours. To be honest, most are too personal to "post". I think at some point God will use what he is taking me through as a testimony. But right now he is just working on that story and I need to let him do that, deep in my soul.
I will say that God has revealed Himself clearer to me then ever. Like, my body felt warm and peace came over me and I was reduced to tears. Friends God is the Great Physician, the Great Teacher. It is hard to grasp just how REAL He is. Unfortunatley, I think I had to come to realize how real Satan is too. Satan isn't just a red robe and a ball of fire. He manifests himself into anything that makes you weak. To me in comes in the form of depressive thoughts, anxious attacks, self deprocating thoughts and sleepless nights. And the moment I realized that all of these THINGS were Satan, I also realized that God will not let satan get me. Even when I am weak, I Satan may press these buttons but he can't take me. I am a child of God.
However, I can do something more, to even keep Satan further at bay.... you see God sent me angels in the form of friends, new and old. And these Angels filled me with scripture, prayed over me and lifted me up. They told me to talk to Satan (he can't read minds like God can). So I am, I am telling Satan as many times as I have to, to GO AWAY. I tell him I hate him, that i am a Child Of God and he must leave me alone. You know what? I can feel him leave. He knows, I am untouchable.
Whew - my mind is spinning. I need to take a break, but I wanted to get some of this out.
God is real and he knows what you need, when you need it, just ask. JUST ASK. He is the ONLY one that can heal us, give us peace, show us the way. We just have to ask and be open.
On my knees.......

No comments:

Our Lives in Color

Lilypie 4th Birthday Ticker Lilypie 1st Birthday Ticker