Please take a gander to the Right, under LINKS, and notice a new one...The Johnson family blog. Welcome my dear friend, Connie to blogspot.
This provides me with the perfect opportunity to tell you a bit about how Connie is involved in my life.
I met Connie at somepoint in Sept. (I remember her saying that Nate was 4 weeks old)...so whenever that was.
Jake and I saw her and Monty in Sunday school, smiled, said hello and that was it, the first Sunday.
Then we met up again the next week at small group, started chatting, realized we were both SAHM and she said a Bible study was starting and she was going on Tuesday and I should come. And two days later I showed up, she was there and it is history. Joining a real BIBLE study, where I really knew no one and especially on an Old Testament book is (unfortunately) not characteristic of my personality. But God knew, He always knows, doesn't he? Connie and I have lots on common, ask her and I am sure she will say that one of her goals for 2007 is also to NOT move, and with three boys under 3, well JD is almost 4, but does that really matter....anyway I can guarantee she won't be pregnant this year either (teehee). Really though we have more than that in common, and a lot of things not in common that provide for good conversation too. Do you know what she brought me the first time she came to my house? Starbucks. Yep, she called and asked if she could pick me up something on her way over. Mind you she had no idea I am obsessed with Starbucks. And so, the friendship was sealed!
I am so thankful for her, in the short time I have known her, I can honestly say that she has already inspired me, comforted me, advised me, laughed with me, made me laugh (today she emailed about what her kids are up to during this ice storm....it involved a cat, peach air freshner and a 3 yr old), and a minute ago made me cry (read her first thankful post about Monty).
So, here's to Connie Johnson and our friendship...may God allow us to grow closer, bless our relationship and keep us sane as we are still ICED in. THAT IS JUST IN CASE ANY OF YOU CALI folks were wondering....
Still, no mail either. Thank God (literally) that we still have our electricity.
And now, my hot hubbie, my warm blanket and tonight's episode of American Idol are calling.
Peace !!!
Wednesday, January 17, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)





No comments:
Post a Comment