So, I may have overloaded you last time with photos, so this time, I will keep it just to words.
I love reading that Sarah F. is rotating between her ceiling fans and heater and that currently, her heater is winning. Sarah, you need to come visit us here in OK as we are in an ice storm and current temp. is around 20, with windchills of 10. We are hoping our power remains on and our heater keeps cranking, we need it. I too LOVE it though. We are fully stocked food wise and batteries, so we should be good.
I have had quite a week, emotionally speaking. I am going to blame it on hormones and the "let down" of the holiday season. I have been all over the map on my life, its meaning, what is important, what I want to be and don't want to be, the physical body (and what I need to change) etc. etc. I have come to no grand conclusions. However, I think God was preparing me for an agghh ha moments, or a 90 degree turn, or whatever you want to refer to it as. I didn't know it was coming, but I think I have seen the end of a very dear friendship to me.
Someone I have known since 6th grade or so. We were inseparable in high school and even my visits home in college. I don't know what ended up getting the best of us, time, distance, marriage or a combination. But something, at somepoint happened and things have never been the same. Today, I got a response to a casual "hello" email that I was NOT expecting and I my instinct tells me to just forget it. I am not angry, not even really hurt...just sad. It is hard to imagine that God creates and disolves friendships. But I think he does. I think there are people who maybe aren't made to be there ALL your life, but rather for seasons. And some people just slide out, under the radar and others make an actual stance of finality. I feel loved, I know I have friends, I know I am a good friend and have friends that I have had for decades and just days and will have for years beyond.
I don't know where to "put" all of this, but maybe it is like the death of a loved one, you cry, you mourn, then you remember and you smile at what was. Then you look forward, taking a little piece of them with you, having learned something.
Am I wrong? I just don't feel like fighting to straighten it all out. Like I said, I am not angry, just strangely content, for the moment anyway.
Whew, thanks for letting me VENT.
To those that are reading this, most of you I know and am so proud and blessed to call friends. Thank you for letting me be a friend and for being a friend to me.
Because I promised a select few a favorites list, I will put up a few things:
Diaper Genie vs. Diaper Champ: Love the diaper genie b/c you can't smell the dirty diapers in it, it is easy to empty no touching required. Love the diaper champ b/c you don't have to buy special liners, just regular trash bags, it is a little "quicker" to use and holds a few more. Mind you, I have owned both, used both and am currently using the diaper champ (which has a new home in the garage b/c of the smell) and would by FAR recommed the diaper genie, it is worth the cost of the liners!
Bottles for babies that spit up: Both of mine have horrible reflux, Bo still spits up ALL THE TIME. I have tried every bottle out there and yes, there are two that dramatically help with air bubbles, Dr. Brown's and the Playtex Ventaire. You get used to tearing all the pieces apart and cleaning them. For babies like mine, totally worth it!
Home cleaning products: Melaleuca. I have used them since March 2005 and will NEVER switch. They are non toxic and WORK amazingly. I have too many stories to tell about these but the most recent was a delightful mess of orange spit up (Bo ate sweet potatoes) on my light carpet. Pulled out the SolUMel, squirt squirt, it came right out. Best part, no chemicals, so no worrying that Bo was playing on the ground right next to me. Oh! It smells good too.
That is it for right now, some little man needs a bottle and this gal needs some sleep.
Enjoy your weekend.
Friday, January 12, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)





No comments:
Post a Comment