My title really does sum up about the last week of my life. I will try my very best to keep a positive spin on things, b/c I/we do have a lot to be thankful for. However, when you count that Bo only made it 3 weeks and 4 days without needing antibiotics, and we have been to the pediatrician twice and the ENT once this week all to have filled a total of 7 prescriptions, and pick up 2 non-RX but highly recommended drugs.
I hear you gasping, I will add that one prescription was for Anna b/c she too had an ear infection and one was for me for mine! This is how we spent Bo's first birthday, on Tuesday...at the Dr., all three of us. We were hacking and hurting and all I can say is I am glad we are on the mend, well Anna and I anyway. Man, she is amazing. Told me her right ear hurt (this was Monday), had a little fever, sent her to school Tues. b/c no fever and said she felt okay, just a little earache. I then decided that Bo's well check wasn't going to be well for him anyway (his ears were already "leaking"), so I changed the appt. time so Anna could go too. Sure enough, both kids, both ears. I was coughing up a storm and asked the ped if he could save me a trip to my dr. and look at me, listen etc. he did and said, "you have bronchitis", as does Bo...so Bo and I are sharing an inhaler. *note I did not have to go to my own dr. saving me money and time.
How lovely. I feel about 50% better and Anna doesn't even remember the Dr. visit. Then there is Bo....poor little Bo.
The goo continued to pour from his ear and I skipped the Ped. went to the ENT and they wanted to see him today. We had an ear suctioned (interesting to say the least), got a new ear drop prescription....with a steriod in it and he sent us upstairs to the ped for the respritory stuff (it has gotten worse, not better since Tues). And yes, thankfully these Dr.'s are in the same bldg. So up a floor I go and the receptionists (who know us by name and birthdate) say "what is going on?" Like the lovely folks they are we were in and seeing the Dr. within 20min. now that is service!
We had some puls ox's taken, some breathing listening too, another Rocephin shot, and two new prescriptions and off to chest xray's we go. Pneumonia, Right lung....
Next Friday is our recheck with the ped, for both kids. Please pray that it stays calm around here - it usually is, when Bo is on meds is about the only time, since Jan. that he has been happy. GRRRRRRRRR.
On a happy note, I am down to 1/2 days in my cast, which makes a huge difference at home b/c I HATE wearing shoes in the house so that boot was really cramping my style. This is only my second day without it, but I am enjoying it! If I could get TOTALLY rid of this cough/hack and my stuffy head I would really be in business.
Now, the little accidents part....there is something about being 3 and being klumsy, at least in Anna's world. This girl has split her eyebrow, burned her finger (blister burned), scraped her knee, and gotten a knot on the back of her head in a matter of two weeks or so. Every day she falls, or slams something in a drawer. She is tough but klumsy and we are 1/2 way through a box of Care Bear band-aids and we have restricted them only to the occassions when we see blood, so you see, we have seen quite a bit of blood. Thankfully, nothing serious. She keeps us on our toes!
We did celebrate Bo's bday the weekend after Easter with Jake's side of the family, and I am glad we had cake and he did his thing then, b/c his real bday he spent crying and crashing in bed after a round of his meds and some Tylenol to top it off. We did get him his own swing for the new swing set the kids got for their bday. He also got a tool box, some cute clothes and another toy I can't describe. We are so blessed!
I have pictures to post of our new playset which GG, Grandma and Grandad Stock and Nonna and Daddad contributed to. And we thank them so much b/c this is all "we" wanted for the bdays and for summer!!! We built it last weekend and it rained all week but hopefully this weekend we can play on it (at least Anna). I also have some cute pictures of the kids just being themselves and I will get them all posted, promise. Just not right now. I have a slight headache, which tends to happen at the end of a stressful day.
But I will post a list:
1. Jake baking cookies with Anna, it is my family recipe but Anna and Jake's "thing" to do and it took her mind off her burned and blistered finger. Have I mentioned how amazing of a father he is?
2. Jake accompanying me to the xray and pharmacy, I was just DONE with after the two Dr. appt's. It just isn't easy holding a screaming child for an ear suctioning, then an antibiotic shot and just aching for him to feel better. I needed some support and got it without question.
3. The date night that the Coffin's have generously bestowed upon us for NEXT Friday night. We get to (my words) HAVE to (Jake's words) dress up. How fun!
4. The "pat pat" Bo has learned to give when we hug. He is the sweetest little boy, he sooooooo deserves to be well and UNMEDICATED!
5. Iced Tea and chocolate chip cookies
6. My mom for setting up our girls weekend in Colorado Springs, Mother's day weekend for my to be Sis Inlaw's wedding shower. A whole weekend, away, with my mom and new sis. YEEHAW! I am so excited.
7. Access to good Dr.'s and meds and insurance...if you saw "Idol Gives Back" it really puts my measley struggle with illness this week into perspective.
8. God's unrelenting, unfailing, unconditional love for us, for me, for me Keri Lyon. No matter where I am, what I am doing, what I am thinking - he is looking out for me, protecting me and guiding me.
9. My new washer and dryer a gift from above (you think I am joking and I am not) it was a God thing. I am so excited about them, I will post a picture ....
10. Quiet time, when the kids are in bed....quiet time, period.
Friday, April 27, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)





No comments:
Post a Comment