Okay, so I stole this from our Pastor's blog....but I loved it. A short and simple recap of his Easter sermon.
Serom was from Luke 24.
Observations of the resurrection account:
1. It was a noticeable resurrection.
2. It was a predicted resurrection.
3. It was a suspicious resurrection.
4. It was a bodily resurrection.
What was God up to?
1. God was confirming his power over the course of events.
2. God was confirming his power over the consequences of sin.
3. God was confirming his power over the finality of death.
In the last few weeks my time with God has drastically decreased - I have no excuse - broken ankles, family visiting, preparations and kids - whatever, there is ALWAYS time for HIM. And in the midst of days like today, when my throat is just aching, it is raining and I don't have energy to attempt driving left footed, two kids in tow, (in the rain) just to prepare for tomorrow's party, I find myself just re-reading the first half of the sentence:
God was confirming his power
God was confirming his power
God was confirming his power
God was confirming his power
God was confirming his power
You got it, HIS power - his power over everything. So to Him I leave the power, in little situations like this it will get done, somehow someway, and if it doesn't then whatever.
I know he needs me to be still, to listen, to let the peace which surpasses all understanding guard my heart and my mind....and heck
I have no place else to go, and no energy to get there if I could. So, be still I will. Talk to me God, I am sorry I haven't been still enough to listen.
(maybe the more still I am the quicker my ankle will heal???)
Saturday, April 14, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)





No comments:
Post a Comment