So, when a lot of people say prayers, you get big answers.
Don't take my title the wrong way, all my prayer warriors. I am not by any means calling your prayers LITTLE in a derogatory way. I am just saying that "we" are little people who can say lots of prayers and get BIG answers. Make sense?
Anyhow, Bo is having surgery tomorrow, yahoo! Who would have thought a mom would be screaming yahoo about that? Well, this one is. I look at it as one big hurdle crossed (almost). The pediatrician said Bo is significantly better since his Rocephin shot yesterday. He is NOT well, but better. So, he got another Rocephin shot and we are on breathing treatments every 4hrs, throughout the night tonight, until surgery time at 7:15am CST tomorrow.
The anesthesieologist (however you spell that), will have the final call on if Bo is REALLY okay for surgery. And that is fine, he is the one that knows the most about all this. I pray the extra time we have for the Rocephin to work and the inhaler to loosen stuff up will pay off.
Gosh, the emails and phone calls have poured in, "can we help?" "ask if you need anything" "love ya" "thinking of ya". All I can say is thank you and I feel so comforted and so loved. I feel so safe, not just in the arms of God but in the arms of my friends and family that surround us. We are by no means in a stage of tragedy here, yet we have the comfort and support like our lives were on the line. I was told today that God doesn't rank us by the amount of compassion, support or sympathy we need. For instance, those with deadly diseases, abusive situations, fatherless children are no "higher" on God's compassion list than those with a sinus infection, a broken heart or a stolen car. God's compassion, love, comfort, support are available for all of us, in all of our DIFFERENT times of need.
I am learning to accept that, may sound weird. But for whatever reason, I have believed for a long time that I don't deserve those things. Not that I am a bad person but because my situations aren't that dire, just mere hiccups in life. But God is teaching me that my hiccups are just as big, or as little as anyone else's. So, if help is offered, and I need it, I will take it. When people (you) offer your hugs and encouragement, I say thank you and relish it!
I need to get to sleep, before my turn is up to do the breathing treatment. Here's to a somewhat restful night, a blanket of angels around my baby healing him and keeping him calm, Dr.'s resting well so they can have steady hands, and to all the prayer warriors out there...for me, and people like me, whatever, wherever we may be in our lives...whatever we may be going through.
7:15am CST if all goes as scheduled, is Bo's surgery time. We will update as soon as we can.
Resting in God's most Perfect Grace......goodnight
Thursday, February 08, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)





No comments:
Post a Comment