I am not sure where the time has gone, but having an extra "guest" in the house and being so pregnant that I never know what the day is going to hold, I can say we are totally out of routine and out of whack!
That said, we are still happy, healthy, and yes, very thankful!
Our week was full of time at home "nesting" if you will. Jake's cousin gave me 2 rubbermaids full of boy clothes that we went through, cleaned out some closets, put away some toys to make room for all of Anna's new things, cooked/baked a little, took 3 really good naps (in my bed!!!) and other weekly chores.
Last night Jake got our new door up, and this morning all the trim was finished! OH MY GOSH. You have no idea how HUGE of a deal this is. Our house looks so much more finished, and he has seriously worked EVERY day after work for 2 weeks! I would say we have about 3 more hours or so to dedicate to paint touch ups, some sanding, and puting the garage back together and then we will say AGHHHH and leave it all be. I am so thankful we were able to do this, do it ourselves and get it done before Bo gets here.
I am hoping when Gma Karen arrives she will have spring fever and take care of some outside touches for us, that will get us through this summer since our renovations are just plain DONE for 2006 unless we win the lottery. (AR doesn't even have a lottery, so now you know our chances)
Anna has been thoroughly enjoying having "GG" here. They play so well together, it is fun for me to watch, especially since getting on the floor these days is way more trouble than it is worth. I am so glad my gma has the energy and ability to really play with her, don't let her 5ft 100lb frame fool you, or her 80yr old "age" - she can put me to shame! Anyhow...
Jake has the afternoon off from house duties and met up with his best friend from high school who is in Ft Smith to see his family. They are golfing and Jake hasn't seen Chris in about 5 years, so that is great!
Tomorrow we are heading to the air show for as long as I can stand the walking and this week is GG's last week here and I have a few more projects I need her help with, so we should stay busy.
Sorry it has been so long since an update.
1. The shirts I got in the mail today from MARKIE, wahoo!
2. Gma doing my ironing, as we speak
3. Sheila coming to take Anna to play...it is quiet around here and I kind of like it
4. The sun shining for the second time in 10 days, I have missed it
5. Not having to cook dinner tonight, LeAnne invited us to dinner, can I get another wahoo!
6. Time at the airshow tomorrow with just Jake and Anna (gma doesn't want to go) and I have a feeling this might be our last outing as a threesome family!
7. Jake for his hard work, both during the day to bring home the $$ and at night to apease me :0)
8. Flexible Spending Account - got to love getting reimbursed, when you forget you have an FSA for $96 worth of meds. Love it!
9. My heartburn giving me a break last night, finally!
10. Reminders that God is very very very good.
Saturday, March 25, 2006
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)





1 comment:
Good to hear from you.
Sarah
Post a Comment