Wednesday, March 15, 2006

Yikes!



Time is just flying and my once "counted on" daily blogs are getting to be like a 48/72hr thing. SORRY! Let's see...Sunday we picked up great grandma Norma at the airport in Tulsa and met Uncle Boo for some dinner and shopping. It was short, but fun for us all to be together. Boo will be back for the festivities this weekend, here in Lavaca. We have had a ton of storms and thankfully are totally safe and sound as is our house. My sis in law lost some shingles, but that is it. Whew. Not sure about this tornadoe alley thing.

Monday was Anna's 2nd birthday, and look at this! I posted pictures.
We went (just the immediate family) to TGIFriday's for dinner where Anna was serenaded and loved all the attention, I wanted to die of course, but she hammed it up. We came back here, did a few gifts and cake. The REAL festivities are on Sunday where we expect some 30 family members and friends to be here.

We have spent the last few days grocery shopping and getting stuff for Anna's party, I am trying to pull the house together, well Jake too, getting our new front door up, trim finished etc. since Sunday will also be the first time most of the family has been to our house! I am also needing to work a little and glad gma is here to watch Anna. Whew - yes, I am tired!

I had my 33week appt on Monday, all is well, Bo is headdown, I have gained a total of 21 pounds and other than just aching and being tired, feel pretty good. Jake mentioned to me Monday night that I was waddling, nice.

Here is a pic of Anna reading her new potty book that Nonna got her and yes, today, two days after her birthday, she told me she needed to potty. Nothing came out (like the details) but she asked, so that is a plus. Then...she refused a diaper and asked for panties. Hmmm, let's see where this takes us!!! Again, glad gma is here to help, she potty trained her two, assisted with the 5 grandkids, by all means, she can do Anna. ha!




I do have a thankful list:

1. Watching Anna and Gma be silly together, Anna took no time whatsoever to warm up to her, totally remembered her and they have been laughing ever since

2. Anna's new fascination with play dough, it occupied (no joke) 1 hr of her time yesterday.

3. My new Sam's club membership...wow, what have we done without one.

4. All the extra storage we have in this house to hold the bulk of stuff we bought at Sam's!

5. Calm weather, so my anxiety is low, no storms, knock on wood, in about 72hrs. Also can report that the tornadoes north of us, did not do any damage to my good friend Carrie's house

6. Finding out that Anna is developmentally right on track at her 2yr appointment, healthy and no tears following her shot, you heard me, not 1 tear!

7. Jake spending all evening last night painting our new front door, I didn't see him at all except to eat, but I know he is working for me and that means a lot.

8. Getting our crazy phone situation figured out to best accomodate our needs and our financial place - so we aren't wasting money. This is our year to really get priority's straight, with two kids, it is kind of necessary!

9. Having Jake's family here for fun things like Anna's bday, it was so last minute b/c I am not used to having anyone around! All of a sudden I thought maybe I should call them, and they were so excited to do something, and it was neat to have my gma there too, what a fun experience!

10. My gma's love for ironing, no joke, she loves it. She wanted to do my laundry today (no complaints from me) and as soon as it comes out of the dryer she has that iron going....if you know me at all, it takes a mound plus some piled up on the hook behind our door to get me to iron. WHen it all starts falling on the ground I suck it up. In the next three weeks I guarantee that hook will be empty :0)

Okay, Okay and here is my 32+ week picture taken Friday, March 10.

2 comments:

sfitz said...

You are SOOOOOOO CUTE! You look great! It makes me really want to be pregnant again... maybe in a couple of months. Have a great week!!

Sarah said...

Love the pics and can't wait to see you on Saturday! You look magnificent, even though you probably don't feel like it.

Our Lives in Color

Lilypie 4th Birthday Ticker Lilypie 1st Birthday Ticker