Monday, May 22, 2006

Almost quiet

It is almost quiet here, Bo has just eaten and is semi-content...after his belly settles, we will take a bath then go to bed. Anna is clean and has been in bed for over an hour but is continuing to sing. As long as she is in her bed, she can sing to her hearts content, surely she will wear herself out at some point?!

We survived!!! I don't like being without Jake, but I can do it :0)
His mom did bring me dinner and watched the kids while I packed and cleaned up a bit. I did manage to nap today while the other two were napping and did some laundry.

Pretty exciting life huh?

Tomorrow morning, off to Tulsa. If you have emailed me and I haven't responded, it isn't that I don't love you or want to chat. I just simply ran out of time this week...Here's to what I am calling our little vacation (4days in Tulsa, looking at houses). If I don't have to cook, make my bed, clean house or pay a bill then I figure it is a vacation, right? This is as close as I am going to get. I might even get real crazy and have a margarita by the pool!

Anyhow, until the weekend:

1. A phone call from Sarah C. today - love hearing her voice. And, she more than understood when not one, but both of the kids started whining/crying at the same time and I had to go.

2. FINALLY catching up with Amy. We tentatively have planned a no kids lunch for Sat. We haven't done that since January!

3. Watching Bo reach for things hanging down at him...he is batting at things - what a smart guy, at just 4 weeks!

4. Being able to switch my claim to fame of bfeeding from a 95-98% of the time to 100%. I am so confident that we are succeeding at this that I am not bringing a bottle or formula with me to Tulsa. Don't need em :0)

5. Hearing/Watching Daddad (Jake's dad) read Anna her bed time stories tonight - so cute.

6. The random kiss on the head Anna gave to Bo today when she said "I wuv you baby brudder Bo". Ask her his name, you don't get the easy version of "Bo" you get "Baby Brudder Bo".

7. The request on behalf of Anna to wear her panties today... she then proceeded to do BOTH of her duties in them and not tell me, b/c she doesn't yet care. Oh well - at least she is still interested in the panty part of it.

8. Iced tea - I consume gallons a week, it isn't quite water, but considering the amount of fluids I must take in, it is a nice change from water.

9. Diaper Champ - Love it WAY more than the diaper genie. It is the neatest contraption.

10. My husband, for just doing what he has to do to support us, even if it means being away from us, letting us go to AZ, whatever - he just says do what you NEED to do. Love that man.

3 comments:

Sarah said...

Good girl on #4! Talk soon, let me know when you need me!
S

sfitz said...

I'm so proud of you!! You're totally doing this, Keri!! LOVED your blog today, and LOVE you!

Carrie P said...

Great job on the bfeeding all the time! It can be a challenge those first few weeks, and you are doing it! Bo will benefit from your sacrifices and commitment!

Our Lives in Color

Lilypie 4th Birthday Ticker Lilypie 1st Birthday Ticker