

Aghhh yes, my two kids, count 'em, two!
Sunday night was what we call our official first night ALL together, knowing that everyone was healthy. Our family is complete. I love it! Did I mention, I can breathe, move, sleep in any position I like and when I walk, I DON'T waddle!!! Yahoo.
Yes, I traded all that for feedings every 3hrs, twice the dirty diapers and laundry and it was TOTALLY worth it.
I know all you women are DYING to know about my labor, so here goes the short version...the WORST part of the whole thing was the IV as they blew two of my veins before going to my hand to insert it. Yes, that is right, the IV was the worst part. Imagine that. If you know my labor story with Anna this one could NOT have been more opposite. The pitocin started dripping about 8am, the epidural was in about 8:30am, I felt nothing. Okay, I felt the needles when they were inserted, but NO contractions. About 11:10am I notified the nurse I felt some serious pressure, she checked me and I was 6cm, she went to get lunch, I had her paged at 11:20am as the pressure was REALLY BAD, not painful, I just wanted to push, she checked me....9cm, and Jake had gone to get something to eat by then.
11:30am, I was fully dilated, waiting on the Dr. to make his cross town drive, I think he walked in about 11:40am, I pushed 2 times, then he told me to cough, which I did and out came Bo. Seriously, that was it. No tears, no sweat, not even a grunt. God is good, I guess he thought I deserved a break. 11:53am Bo had arrived.
I have a lot to be thankful for... here ya go.
1. Our beautiful new son.
2. Anna's sweet nature that seems to be taking to her new brother just fine.
3. My mom for all of her help around the house, with the kids etc. She has been a GODsend.
4. My inlaw's for taking care of Jake and I this past weekend while we were back and forth to the hospital for Bo.
5. God giving us peace of mind about moving to Tulsa. Jake accepted the KC offer and we are meeting with a realtor tomorrow.
6. Seems silly but...getting all of our COBRA stuff in line, getting BO added in time and the premium paid, we had no lapse in coverage.
7. Amy Dean for all of her help, both advice, visits, food, everything. She is the most amazing friend!!
8. The rain that keeps on coming. It hasn't interfered in day time activities, which is nice too, it is kind of like the sprinklers turning on every night - from the sky instead of the ground.
9. Decaffinated Iced Tea - so I didn't really Bfeed Anna, this is my first real go round and I am not sure how caffinated things will affect Bo, I am absolutely ADDICTED to iced tea, so I found some decaf tea bags and now can drink to my hearts content.
10. Feeling like a WHOLE NEW person in just 8 days or so, and I have lost 26lbs - nice diet huh?





2 comments:
I can't tell you how happy I was to see you had posted, and how thrilled I am that you guys are going to be in T-town! Best love and wishes for today and the coming week. Can't wait to talk to you and see you soon!
Sarah C.
Wow, it is soooooo good to "hear" your sweet voice again! Welcome back! I love the pictures, and LOVE the labor story, gives me hope for my #2, which we're thinking seriously about...
Love you friend!!!
Post a Comment