Sunday, May 07, 2006

Hi Again



Wow, my house is so quiet, Bo is sleeping, Jake is eating and SNIFF SNIFF Gma Karen has taken Anna with her to AZ. A whole week without her. Granted I think I need the time to sleep, get my house together (so it can be listed on Tuesday) and all that goes with the chaos of a newborn and moving...I still can't imagine not seeing Anna for a week, I have never gone this long. God, be with me.

On that note, I am sad my mom left, but I will see her next week. She was such a tremendous help for us, planting flowers in front, keeping things clean inside and out, cooking, diapers, Anna's constant entertainment, shopping, man - I could go on and on.
What would we do without our moms?

Things are going pretty well here, despite my lack of sleep I am holding up pretty well. I feel a tad overwhelmed at times, not knowing where my attention should go but heck, that is nothing to complain about.

Here is my list:
1. Reading Sarah C.'s blog about her date night and getting me excited for one (whenever that may be)...it has been too long since Jake and I have been on one and Lord knows we need it.
2. Reading Sarah F.'s blog and being reminded she has some good friends in Tulsa - hopefully we can catch up with them and then that gives Sarah and Mark two reasons to come visit Tulsa sometime!!!
3. All the help, support, fun and entertainment my mom provided us with for two weeks...and it goes on as she took Anna with her for a week and then will host me and Bo (in addition to Anna) for a week after that! THANK YOU.
4. Having a fun time at LeAnne and Rod's yesterday as Jake's side of the family came to FtSmith to meet Bo and my mom and brother were able to be there too. First time since our wedding that my family and his have been together.
5. All my dear friends who understand how phone chats and emails aren't at the top of my priority list right now and leave me feeling just fine about my LACK of computer time rather than guilty.
6. The cute clothes my mom bought me yesterday, just a few things to accomodate my rather large bfeeding chest (which I haven't had before, hehee) and my expanded hips, flabby belly, you know.
7. Bo sleeping 2, four hour stretches last night, there is a huge difference in feeding every 3hrs and every 4 (at night) when it takes 45min to accomplish a feeding, catch my drift?
8. My brother making the drive to meet Bo and hanging out with us for the weekend...I have seen him more since Feb. 14, 2006 than I have seen him in the last 10 years and that is no joke. I love it!
9. God being right here with us, from the small to the big things, there is no doubt his hand is over EVERY thing.
10. The weather being cool and cloudy, it is just nice to delay hot and humid as long as possible. When summer sets in, it is miserable.

1 comment:

Sarah said...

I love getting the small glimpses into your life! You have an amazingly beautiful set of children!

Our Lives in Color

Lilypie 4th Birthday Ticker Lilypie 1st Birthday Ticker