Monday, February 13, 2006

Attempting to Catch Up

Hey all, I am sure you are just dying to know where I have been?? And, I will forewarn you this may be 1 of just a couple posts this week as life is chaotic and we are doing a bit of family stuff.
We all headed to OKC on Friday to be with Jake's Uncle and his family as he was in the hospital suffering from bronchitis and some side effects of his stroke that he had a few years ago. Things went from bad to worse and late Sat. afternoon, at the YOUNG age of 51, Jack Lyon passed away. It is pretty hard on Jake's family (dad) as this is Wayne's only relative that he is close with. He has a few distant cousins that he sees every few years, but with only 15months separating Wayne and Jack they are pretty close. Jack had explicitly laid out in his living will what he wanted, and when he was deemed terminal on Saturday morning, we all knew what he wanted. Perhaps we can all find some peace in that.
The service is scheduled for Wednesday so we came back to AR (it is about a 3.5hr drive) and will leave again Wed. morning and stay in OKC until TH or Friday.
In the mean time my brother and mom left Pensacola, FL this morning around 11am CST headed this way and will spend tonight and all day Tues and night with us, leaving for Tulsa and Enid Wed. morning when we head to OKC. Brandon and Erin will return to AR on Fri or Sat when Erin gets in from Colorado for a weekend visit...so there ya go. It is appearing that we will be having a CRAZY week. B/C we have been gone since last Friday, today is spent with laundry/changing sheets/vacuuming/groceries etc to prepare for our guests. I thought I would take a moment to update anyone who reads this, in case you don't hear from me for awhile!!!

In the midst of tragedy and chaos, I still have NO problem finding a few things I am thankful for:

1. Eternal life, and the peace of knowing that death here is just the beginning of what we live for and dream about!!!

2. Family - the comfort we can provide each other with, the hugs that strengthen, the laughs of memories, the ability to truly be ourselves, tears, smiles, fear and all

3. That we live in AR. for moments like we had this weekend, when Jake needed to be near his family

4. My parents got to CA safely and enjoyed their short visit

5. Mindy for taking care of Wilson on a moments notice

6. Seeing FRIENDSHIP in action. Within 45min of hearing of Jack's passing and an hour of us getting back to their house from the hospital, we had food to feed like 30people, most of it home made. The friends that came in, gave Leanne a hug and dropped off soup and left, it was just so evident that she and Jack are loved beyond words. It reminds me that there are a lot of GOOD people out there.

7. Pizza Hut pizza - there is just something about that grease that cheers me up. HA!

8. The song Homesick by Mercy Me, listen to it, you will understand

9. Having the opportunity to know Jack Lyon, he was such a unique guy - I could tell you stories or attempt to describe him, but it wouldn't do him justice. He was hillarious in the most sarcastic, crude and original ways. I am so glad I had the chance to spend an afternoon at the park with him back in Sept. with the kids....I saw a sentimental side of him and loved it.

10. Coming home late last night and hearing Sarah F.'s voice on my answering machine! Wowee what a cool surprise. I am sorry I missed her call, hopefully we will catch up this week.

1 comment:

Sarah said...

I'm sorry to hear about Jake's uncle. I wish you guys a blanket of peace in this tough time.
Love you all, Sarah.

Our Lives in Color

Lilypie 4th Birthday Ticker Lilypie 1st Birthday Ticker