Saturday, February 25, 2006

Aghh, A Happy Site

Yes, perhaps I am SLIGHTLY addicted (if that is the right word?) to the internet, not to surf but as a part of my daily life. I check the weather, get my news, read blogs, balance my checkbook, use the yellow pages, email for communication and even work...all on the internet. Sadly, today, Saturday Feb. 25 is the FIRST day since last Tuesday that I have had access. Oye vei! Our computer just plain died - not even a boot up. Hmmmm. So, I resorted to traveling all the way to Phoenix to check my email. HA!
Anna and I arrived here at my parents last night after what most would call an UNEVENTFUL flight with a near 2yr old. Her 7month preggo mommy would say it was exhausting, but I know in the back of my mind it could have been a lot worse. Let's just say a part of me is screaming with joy that this will no longer even be an option for her to travel lap style after our return trip to AR on Wed. I hope that mom and dad or grandma's pocket book will allow us to still come visit even if Anna does require her own seat.

Back to the computer thing - Jake is in Colorado until March 4. Once he gets back we will figure out what we are doing with the computer. He has an IT guy at work that will help him but that will require totally wiping the hard drive etc. which is still way cheaper than a new one, but hard on me. Losing the address book etc. We backed most everything up about a week ago when we had a glitch, just the fear it would crash. I guess that was good. So, from now until March 1 I will do my best to BLOG for ya'll and for myself and then I will have a brief vacation again.

Whew okay - so what else....Jake is with his mom/dad/brother in our van on the way to CO. his sister and her family caravaning with them. They should arrive sometime late tonight for a week of skiing. In my current condition, I am much happier here, where it is near 80 and I can go outside and at least walk, bribe someone to paint my toes so I can wear a pair of sandals and maybe even do some SHOPPING courtesy of mom. Way more enticing that sitting in a cabin in the snow with three kids running around - no offense to my daughter or my loveable niece and nephew.

Here is my list - I would be up to like 50 things if I did a total day by day recap and frankly I don't want to sit here that long (and I doubt you do either). So here are my 10!

1. Seeing my mom and dad and their smiles when they hugged Anna. I know she brings such a new joy to them every time they see her and it makes me happy!

2. Making it to Tulsa by myself, through the airport and here without collapsing or needing to pay a sky cap!

3. Sarah C. for just being a friend that I am ALWAYS exstatic to see, and feel instantly comfortable with, no matter how long it has been since we saw or talked to each other. It is such a great consistency in my life I love it. I am also thankful she let me park my car in her driveway and the free ride to the airport!

4. Being true to our commitment to be debt free sometime very soon and both Jake and I taking only cash with us on our trip, not even a debit card. We are truly on a budget, forcing us to say NO to some activities. It is hard now, but we are faithful it will pay off (pun intended!!!)

5. Time with Amy, Emma and baby Noah this week. Man I have missed them...Amy is just an incredible woman and we have no issues passing HOURS just talking. Love it!

6. Finding out that my granma IS willing to come to AR and we are in the process of booking her ticket to be at our house for Bo's baby shower and for Anna's 2nd birthday. YAHOOO!

7. Mindy, for AGAIN taking Wilson for the third time in a month. She is such a godsend...and I know our puppy is in good hands. I seriously don't know how we would have done all this last minute traveling without her. Dogs are wonderful, but they are one more "person" to account for!

8. The new outfit my mom had waiting for me here, it is a very cute maternity outfit, now if it looks as cute on as it does lying on the bed it will be a miracle. It was mostly the thought that made me so happy...Thanks mom!

9. Jake working so hard this week to accomodate all of these silly things that I felt needed to be done and running back and forth and trying to help me fix the computer (even though we had no success). His work is so demanding right now that I know he feels like he has a million irons in the fire and he has handled it well.

10. The opportunity to be alone at this moment while Anna and Gma/Gdad went to breakfast...they leave too early for me to be ready and them taking Anna leaves me alone for what is going on 2.5 hours, something I desperately needed after such a hectic week!

2 comments:

sfitz said...

Isn't it fun to be with our parent's and see them with our kids? It's relaxing too. If I wanted to go get coffee right now, I could! :) Enjoy your break and rest up, sweet friend!

Sarah said...

Your car actually made it into the garage! Can't wait to see you on Wednesday!
Sarah C.

Our Lives in Color

Lilypie 4th Birthday Ticker Lilypie 1st Birthday Ticker