Whew - what a week. We are back home after a whirlwind of hours in the car, visits with both of our families and the daily "things" of life.
Brandon and Karen (my brother and mom) arrived Mon. night/Tues. morning at 2am. It was so fun to have them here, just over 24 hrs. We headed out Wed. morning at 7am for OKC.
The funeral for Jack was wonderful, he was such an avid outdoorsman, the most NON fancy guy I have ever meant (he was buried in a flannel shirt and overalls) and every PIECE of this service was perfect from him, from the plain but beautiful PINE casket to the natural wild flower boquets. It was just a wonderful celebration of his life. It was neat for me to meet so many on the Lyon side of the family. They all live so far away and are really not the tightest, so I didn't know much about Wayne's side of the family. We stayed at LeeAnne's house and most everyone left after the service, so it was good to just be with her and Sarah and Logan (Jack's wife/daughter/son). They will have some hard moments, but I think they know we are here to help them. I appreciated the openness in Wayne to cry pure tears, to let down his manly exterior. I saw his heart, raw and hurting and as he hugged me I realized that he loved me. All our tough times in the last 6+ years led to a moment where I just knew (no matter what he says) that he needs me and I need him. Family means so much to him. Anyway....
Congrats to my brother in law, Andrew on his engagement to CC!!! Wahoo, yesterday he asked her and she said yes. He has had her ring since early Dec. needless to say the anticipation was killing me :0)
That is all the big news/update on the Lyon side of the family. I am glad to be home, tired - really tired like emotionally, physically, mentally, the whole SHEBANG! Our computer also got some weird hiccup in it, so this is the first time I have logged on (even though I have been home 24hrs now). Jake spent over 3hrs on the phone with cox and dell and fnally we are working. Is it Saturday yet? HA!
It is 40 degrees colder here right now than it was at 5pm yesterday. How crazy is that? Brandon is safe in Enid, apartment hunting and Erin is on her way to visit him and we anticipate both of them getting here sometime tomorrow for an overnight stay. In the midst of this Jake will be going to Colorado with his parents a week from tomorrow for a week of skiing. We decided I couldn't handle the 15hr car ride, or sitting in the condo while they all ski, so an hour ago my parents decided to fly Anna and I to Phoenix next Friday until Wednesday, March 1. It is just a nonstop 2hr flight from Tulsa. Beats a 15hr car ride and I will be hitting my dear Sarah C. up for some airport assitance in Tulsa, if I can get that, I think I can make it ALONE :0) And, Jake will get to use his skiis and get some QT with his mom and dad which I know right now, they all need!
Here are my things I am thankful for
1. Valentine's in the MAIL. I got two, one from Sarah F. and one from Amy! I feel so loved. THANK YOU.
2. A good time, in the midst of a sad situation, with family this week
3. Anna's first haircut being a breeze, she sat still and the result is a totally cute bob!!! Pictures to come.
4. Waking up Tues morning to find my brother and mom here, such a fun way to start a day. It was short but we got to talk a lot and that was nice and refreshing.
5. Hearing Jake sing at the funeral, acapella, it was beautiful and the first time I have heard him sing since our wedding!! I could listen to that sweet voice all day.
6. Finding out that Sarah and Jason are having a boy! I am so excited.
7. Finally being able to breathe most of today as I have been battling a cold for almost a week
8. Knowing my brother is so close to me, I know it sounds silly but just knowing he is so close is the coolest feeling. I have not lived next to anyone in my family since I moved out of the house in 1996.
9. My bed...especially being this pregnant. It feels even better when I get into it.
10. Life, it is so short and can be so sweet if we are living for the right reasons!
Friday, February 17, 2006
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)





No comments:
Post a Comment