Thursday, December 15, 2005

God Wants Us To Experience Pleasure

We had the opportunity to attend a concert last night at church and OH MY! This group is incredible, you must check out their website www.anniemosesband.com
Once you enter the site, turn up your speakers and listen. The have classical instrumental pieces, blues, jazz, country all with a little pop. I encourage you to read their history, as 5 are siblings, the mother is the lyricist, the father the arranger and composer and all songs are originals! You will hear a mandolin, cello, harp, banjo, piano, synthesizer, bass and drums, not too mention some incredible violin. Whew - okay so now that I have plugged them:

1. The Annie Moses Band and what a wonderful evening we had being witnessed to, by their music

2. The proposition that we were created for God's pleasure and in turn, he wants us to experience pleasurable things...such as all the pleausure in Christmas, new life, giving, celebration etc.

3. Finding out that at our church, the Mother's Day Out program has 1 spot open in the 1yr old class. They haven't had a mid year opening since they started the program 5yrs. ago. If we can afford it, Anna will be able to attend next semester.

4. Being awaken at 4am *shortly thereafter?? By a little man kicking just as hard as he could inside me. It didn't start this early with Anna - we are in for a long haul. However, the more he moves, the more we are reassured he is healthy!

5. Lunch with Jake and Anna, good food, good company - we are so blessed

6. Having enough time to finish the Christmas cards in 1 sitting, pending the purchase of stamps, they are ready to go!!!

7. Slippers - we have a lot more tile in this house and my feet are always a little chilly in socks. I am thankful for my horrid looking blue slippers that add that extra warmth

8. Christmas cards in the mail! The one time of the year I look forward to opening the box in anticipation of some good ole snail mail. Today I had two cards! Wahoo - smiles all over

9. Anna's newest sentence - which translated means "Hey, what are you doing?" It of course sounds much cuter in her own jargon.

10. Hugs, I have been lucky enough to get several surprise hugs out of my girl today and Jake is 1 person I can count on for an endless number of hugs! I love them.

1 comment:

sfitz said...

Beautiful music, thank you for sharing!

Our Lives in Color

Lilypie 4th Birthday Ticker Lilypie 1st Birthday Ticker