Tuesday, December 20, 2005

Thankful for...

1. Finding a gift that will make Jake happy, it is something he really wanted and not the staple clothes or underwear!

2. Our lunch date with Amy and Emma, It is so awesome for me to have a friend like Amy and to see Anna and Emma talk their babble and always give a hug is the cutest thing. We love them dearly.

3. The cloudy day we are having, I love feeling safe, warm and cozy inside and looking outside when it is like this.

4. Being able to locate the exact same squeaky ball, as the one that lost its sqeak, for Wilson. I purchased the first one for a foster dog I had over 7months ago...Wilson knows his red ball and isn't very responsive to other toys. Whew - now he has his favorite back. This is the only way he comes home too, if he gets out, so it is pretty important to us.

5. Anna reaching her arms up, saying "hold you" and then proceeding to put her head on my shoulder. I think she just might love me.

6. The Jake Lyon Family tradition #1 that I started today, and vow to make part of every Christmas (can't tell you yet what it is or it would ruin it), but it is neat to think we are going to do something that is just ours.

7. The Christmas story (in Luke), whenever I read it, I just feel so present in that time, that scene, it is just an overwhelming feeling of PEACE as the Angel tells us, as well as the people of Bethlehem to NOT BE AFRAID.

8. The lady at Wal-Mart saying Merry Christmas, I really think it is about the first time I have heard it this year, somewhere besides church. I gladly told her Merry Christmas in return. I hate to think that people are trying to take the Christ out of it, for what other reason do we celebrate?

9. Back to Amy, thankful for her open heart, how she understands me and whatever drama I am yapping about. I think it is so neat that we have girls less than a month apart in age, and she is due with a boy in Feb. and us in May. You think God knew we would need each other? Probably so.

10. The excellent peanut butter with choc. kisses cookies I made on Sunday - the third new recipe since Thanksgiving that I have tried (which is a lot for me) and they turned out great! Gave me a little self confidence in my baking abilities.

No comments:

Our Lives in Color

Lilypie 4th Birthday Ticker Lilypie 1st Birthday Ticker