Thursday, December 22, 2005

Is it Christmas yet?

One of the most asked questions by kids ages 3-10 I know, but also by me!!! Today, I ask this question for my excitement of it being the 26th and also b/c I am feeling a tad bit stressed (still) and am kind of ready for a sense of normalcy to come over this household. Those that know me really well, would be shocked at the condition of my house, the mess, the dishes, the dust, eeks! It is so not me! And I plan to remedy it before I leave...however, for now, I sit here and think "What a mess!". On my quest to clean, pack, take down the decor and bake, I have decided this computer must be shut off for the rest of the day so, here's to an early posting and a productive afternoon/evening!
Will do my best to post tomorrow before leaving for our Christmas at Jake's folks, if not, I will be back in Jan. May you all have a wonderful and very Merry CHRISTmas (if anyone really reads this?)

1. Today is Jake's "Friday", we get to spend tomorrow, home, alone before the rush of family that will ensue for 10days!

2. Leftover Spaghetti for lunch, it tasted so good and filled me up (which is rare)

3. Anna's crazy ability/talent/willingness (not sure what it is called) to rest, in her room, not getting out of bed once...we are going at exactly 1hr right now and she is still chattering to herself. Normal for a 21month old?

4. Having a small chat with my gma today and feeling like she might really be enjoying Meridian? If she is, it is a HUGE answer to prayer!

5. My brother having his best flight yet, hearing the excitement in his voice (rare) and knowing that what I feel inside when I hear him talk like that is pride. I am so thankful God has kept us close, despite the miles.

6. Finding more green/yellow things than I thought we had while cleaning out Anna's clothes. It is a financial relief, everytime I find a unisex outfit in an old box.

7. Speaking of, the generousity of many of my friends, as I went through Anna's old stuff to give to Markie, I saw so many outfits that I know were not purchased, but given to us. What a blessing of so many kind hearted people.

8. Salt City Candles, if you haven't tried them, do, if you have, then enough said.

9. 3 unexpected checks coming in at once, we were able to cash them, for money for our trip as they weren't in the budget. God watches over us in the sneakiest of ways :0)

10. The 132 diapers (from Sam's) that Nonna paid for for Anna. Not only is it great to get a big box like that for convenience, but for free? THANK YOU!

- Sorry to get all monetary but I guess I am feeling really blessed today, financially. Even when things are hard, and diapers seem like they will break us etc. God is there.

1 comment:

sfitz said...

I will miss your posts!! Have fun with your family and give everyone big hugs for me. Love you!

Our Lives in Color

Lilypie 4th Birthday Ticker Lilypie 1st Birthday Ticker