Not a great way to title a Thankful list, but it is the first thing that came to mind, I am just dying with lower back pain. AGHH! Before I forget, starting Sat (the 24th) until Tues (the 9th of Jan) I won't be posting. Sad, I know. But I will be without internet access. I will most likely keep a little journal of lists and either make a MEGA list when I return or just pick the highlights. Either way it will be worth your wait. HA!
1. The dermatologist, Dr. Severns. He was so kind and didn't laugh at my horrible rash on my face. He moved here from Payette, ID in 1999, so we had a good talk. Gave me meds and told me he can't treat the rash like he wants to b/c I am pregnant, so it might be a slow go. Oh well, he was still really kind.
2. An email and Christmas card from my dearest friend Emily Lytle (all in the same day). I can't tell you exactly why we are friends, we are as different as night and day, but I can honestly say she knows me down to the core, has always been there, despite the distance and is someone I can talk to about anything, anytime. (She is also the best roommate I have ever had). I miss you dearly Em.
3. Jake telling me today to rest and take a breath, he wants me and the baby to be healthy and he said "it will all get done, don't worry". I guess even a stay at home mom gets stressed. I took a very short nap, without any guilt.
4. Hearing from Jack and Phyllis Tarr. I mentioned in a previous post that there were two ladies who were like 2nd moms to me, one is Judy, the other is Phyllis. I think I was in 4th grade when my brother befriended their son Jeff. From there it is history. Even though their daughter was career bound when we met and their son a friend of my brothers, never bothered me. I loved being at their house, spending the night, vacations (Hawaii!) etc. So many memories. They took good care of both Brandon and I and I love and miss them A LOT!
5. Our 1st Lyon Christmas tradition of a nice dinner, new pajamas and a viewing of the Christmas Story was just as much fun in reality as I had hoped in my head! I loved every minute of our family time.
6. The nice lady, Cat, that we adopted Wilson from. She sent us a card today and it had a picture of Wilson when they first found him, he was just a puppy. It was so cute and so nice of her to think of us when she found the picture.
7. God's blessing of friends, old and young and everything in between. I realize that God provides us with a myriad of people for all times in our lives, in all situations. I am blessed to have someone with 3 grown kids to ask advice of, as well as someone who is just getting engaged to remember how to put the dating back in my marriage. You know what I mean, right? :0)
8. Our next door neighbors, the Lichti's. Sheila and Kaitlyn brought over a little gift for Anna and we chatted, haven't seen them in a week or so. We are so blessed to have them right next door. They are such fun and warm, kindhearted people.
9. Email - really, it is a blessing as much as a curse. But I am now in touch (b/c of email) with a friend from high school that I haven't spoken too in at least 8yrs! It has been so fun to reconnect with Melissa, see pictures of her new family etc.
10. That this is #10. Seriously, my back is just killing me and no, I can't do ANYTHING b/c I am pregnant! Sitting upright in this chair is not helping either. And, I don't want to complain or end on a sour note, so I guess I have to go to #11.
11. Filtered water - strange I know, but I am so addicted to cold water, no ice, fresh from the fridge. I am truly thankful for it.
Wednesday, December 21, 2005
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)





No comments:
Post a Comment