Okay, Okay, it is just 12:30pm, the day is just barely half over and already I have things to be thankful for that just can't wait. Or, is it that I love to write and have been neglecting it for way too long and just want to blab, even if it is on a computer screen? Probably all of the above.
I got a phone call today from my dear friend Amy saying she wouldn't be at MOPS, her grandmother passed away last night, totally unexpectedly. She had gone to a Christmas Party, laid down and didn't wake up. WOW. Just like that, life here on earth can just be OVER. My thoughts are with her and her family...I really took a moment to evaluate where I am in my walk with God. If I lay down for a nap and don't wake up here on earth, what will I say to my Heavenly Father? It can and will happen to us, sometime...Are we ready? I know I have a lot of work yet to do.
Speaking of MOPS
1. MOPS - both my group at CLCC in Meridian,ID and here at Eastside Baptist in Fort Smith, AR. It is an amazing organization of amazing mothers, women and wives. I would truly be lost without it - and to Dawna Lee and Angela Mackey who lead both groups, THANK YOU - it is a lot of our LIFE LINE to the outside world.
2. Judy Prince - I have two women in my life other than my Mommy Karen, that I consider my other mothers. Judy is one of them. Every day of my life I have known she was there, praying for me, loving me, even from afar. I treasure the many notes covered in stickers, emails of love and laughter (she can make you laugh even in an email), her sweet southern voice, and I could go on and on. Thank you for keeping tabs on me!
3. Bath and Body Works Wallflowers in Cinnamon Stick - not specific or anything, ha! Three years ago or so I bought a Christmas tree/nightlight/freshener and it had this scent in it. I pulled it out this year and it was all dried up. Oh well, I thought...Until yesterday. I finally just went to BBW, got a refill, plugged it in and instantly this calm came over me. My house, with lights and stockings and smelling of cinnamon feels that much more like home. It needed a familiar scent, lingering in the air. Silly? Maybe, but God knew, right now, more than ever, I want to feel at home and it helped.
4. Anna's silly faces. She and Jake make faces back and forth at each other, they are so animated and keep us laughing! She brings such joy to our lives.
5. I am so thankful for quiet moments, when I can observe Jake, from afar, playing and interacting with his daughter. He is amazing with her. It is no wonder she always asks, "Where daddy?" He is on the floor, rolling around, chasing her, tossing her, building blocks, even entertaining her desire to see her "pihures" of Gamma and Boo...You can tell there is no place on earth he would rather be. It is a pure, wholesome love and happiness that radiates from him. I could not be more thankful.
6. Nights when I only get up once to use the bathroom. At 20weeks pregnant these are rare but cherished. If you have ever been pregnant, I think you know what I am talking about.
7. Seeing "Granma - Cell" flash across my caller ID. At almost 80 she calls me, while driving, from her cell phone. Maybe scary, but for me truly remarkable and funny! I love hearing from her.
8. The anticipation of seeing my parents, brother and grandmother. I haven't been away from them this long (5mos) in about 4 years. I am so grateful for the feelings of excitement I have running through me at the thought of seeing them in 18days!!!
9. Grilled Cheese and Tomato Soup for lunch when it is 40 outside and a storm is rolling in. My mom got me started on grilled cheese and tomato soup, so I am sure there is something emotionally comforting about it for me, and when it is cloudy and cold, what could be better?
10. 2pm CST on most days...Nap time for Anna. She has always been so good about a routine and like clock work gives me 2hrs a day to catch my breath, take a rest etc. I know many moms who would LOVE to have some consistency like that, I know I am lucky.
11. I know, I know - only supposed to be 10, then again who set that limit? I have one more to add. Jake making me my granma's chocolate chip cookie recipe, we both wanted them, but I like to think they were just for me. Sweet little things like that make me fall in love all over again.
I am sure at least 10 more things will enter my head for the day, things I am thankful for, but this will be it for today's list. Somedays I realize I spend too much time on the computer, now that we have cable internet it is so easy to just hit refresh and see new emails. I need to actually turn the computer OFF. There is vacuuming to be done, a few dishes to wash, some laundry, and hopefully a Christmas tree to purchase and put together! WAHOO!
Until tomorrow - Keri
Wednesday, December 07, 2005
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)





2 comments:
I love your list! It brought tears to my eyes it is so sweet. I'm happy to share my mom with you. :)
Love you!!
Oh, and you can make the list as long as you want. I was just doing what my pastor said, but really, sometimes 10 just isn't enough.
Post a Comment