Seriously, how could I not be? Home, ALONE, no husband, no little Anna...don't get me wrong, love them both to pieces, but I can do whatever I want for a few hours, even if it is spent sitting here or going through Anna's old baby clothes searching for a few things that are actually unisex. There are dishes in the sink from Jake cooking himself breakfast, usually I would do them, but not now, not today, I am doing what I WANT! Wahoo! So, before everyone comes home, got to get this done and savor my last hours!
1. Surprise lunch with the in-laws - something I have come to appreciate about being close to family! It is a really nice way to spend a cloudy (but no snow) day.
2. A loooong email and a Christmas card from Paula York. Jake and I really miss the Yorks. They moved to Alaska at the same time we moved here. They are just a spectacular family and we miss their company terribly. I also really miss Clark's guitar playing at church. Paula, thank you for your email. I love you so much!
3. Getting a picture of the Merrithew's in the mail - I wasn't lying when I said I love Christmas cards - I miss Emily and her boys a bunch. She is a phenominal stamper not too mention, mom, friend and gal. I haven't talked to her in quite some time and just want her to know I am thankful to know she is there! And it was great to see her face, even if it was just on paper!
4. Jake letting me eat the blueberry muffins this morning. Sounds silly but I am just not a breakfast person, yet I wake up starving! There was only enough left for 1 person and he let me have them and opted to cook himself breakfast. What a man.
5. My sister in law, Shelley. She is one of a kind and I mean that in the nicest of ways. I appreciate the love she has for Anna and her offer to take Anna home with her today!
6. Seeing pictures of Aiden and Aleah Scruggs. Little twins that were not due until Dec. 23 and showed up Oct. 17 (I think). Anyhow, they are such a visible testament to God's power, grace, love, and healing as they are home, healthy and totally happy!
7. The sentiment of my jewelery, huh? What does that mean? I realized that just about every piece of jewelery I have or wear means something. I put on a ring today that I haven't worn in awhile and I love to just look at it and then someone says, that is pretty so I get to tell them where I got it. My saphire was given to me my my grandparents (Stock) when I was in 8th grade, then for college graduation my parents had it reset and added two diamonds on the side. Now how is that for sentiment!
8. Anna telling me "Good girl" and "Wuv you" when I asked her to be a good girl at aunt Shelley's, she responded on her own and gave me a kiss, complete with sound effects of "mmmwa!" you know that sound.
9. God's big and protective arms, they can hold us all at once, safe and comfy, did you know that? Neat to think that while he was keeping my dad and granma safe on the airplane he was keeping my mom safe on the road to get them. When I feel scared or unsure I just remember the greatest hands in the world, will hold me, I just need to ask.
10. That in 9 days I will be in Idaho, with my family. I am so excited, I can hardly contain myself. Poor Jake is in for a loooong week!
Saturday, December 17, 2005
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)





No comments:
Post a Comment