Couldn't come up with a good title today, sorry. I feel so exhausted, pregnancy or Christmas hoopla or chasing Anna?? Not sure, maybe a combination. However, not too tired or busy for a thankful list.
1. My car or I guess I have to say VAN - driving yesterday I realized I hadn't put this on my list. It is comfy, fun to drive and has just one or two bells that make it feel not like a mom car.
2. Water. You laugh? Jake woke up to no water in the house this morning. He warned me, I went back to sleep, woke up and thought, "If the water doesn't come on I am in trouble." Think about it, toilet, drinking, cooking, washing etc. etc. Thankfully it was back on by the time I woke up and Jake was able to brush his teeth and do his hair at work. Fun for a Friday!
3. Hearing/Watching Anna talk on the phone and say "Hi Gamma", I am sure my mom loves it too. It is seriously very fun, not even 2 and she knows how to use the flip cell phone!
4. Disposable Diapers - I have heard 1 too many people a generation or 2 ahead of me talk about cloth diapers. I can't imagine, changing diapers is initself a less than fun experience, if I had to clean them too? Not only am I thankful that they were invented but that we could fit them into our budget!
5. Quiet afternoon where I am not so sleepy tired that I must take a nap but rather can bustle about accomplishing tasks in an hour or so that usually take like 3 when I have help!
6. Prayer - I do it more often now than I used to, and have realize a sentence every hour or so is just fine, no one says you have to do it a certain way or for a certain length of time. God hears everything!
7. This list! Sarah, thank you - thank you to your pastor. I was thinking earlier today that this has really helped my attitude, even when a day seems crazy, this forces me to think of good things and I like that. Makes the bad things seem so minimal.
8. Okay, I have to say it, there is snow in the forecast for tomorrow, just seeing it as a possibility makes me happy. I am thankful that though I may be in the redneck capital of America that we can still have snow.
9. Kirsten and Lauren Shaw! Anna got the sweetest package today from her little friend Lauren who is a month older than her. Though we haven't seen them since July it is as if they know Anna inside and out, she received (and I kid you not) a few of her FAVORITE things - a hair bow, bracelet (just her size), snowman and STICKERS! Thank you for thinking of Anna, you are both very special to us.
10. That it is Friday, even as a stay at home mom where some think every day is Friday (which it is NOT), I still love Friday, means Jake will be here, the chores can take a little rest and we can just be together.
Happy weekend!
Friday, December 16, 2005
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)





No comments:
Post a Comment