Everyone (wether you admit it or not) has some kind of resolution for 2006, right? I have a few, most of which I keep personal, not because I don't need the accountability but mostly to challenge myself. Anyhow, I will share one of them...computer time. Not that I am by any means addicted or spend even more than a cumulative 2hrs on here a day...but just that I have other more beneficial things to do. So, I am going to check my email, balance the check book, get the news etc. in the morning. This includes my thankful list. So, it will be a thankful list for the past 24hrs. even if it is dated the current date. Follow me? With the time I am not in front of the computer I will be doing house chores, reading my Bible/study, playing WITH Anna or maybe if I get real crazy, stamping!
I don't really know Carrie Prince at all, but I grew up with her husband and have been reading her blog (inspired by her sister in law Sarah - who got me going). She mentioned in yesterday's blog her time with God, being busy etc. etc. and all I could think is SHE IS SO RIGHT! Anyhow, Carrie if you happen to read this, please know I love what you said and look forward to getting to know you in this very ROUND about way :0) If anyone is interested in what I am talking about check it out: http://www.carrieprinceblog.blogspot.com/
Okay, now on to my list:
1. Dinner at Lardo's in McCall, with my bro/Erin/Brian/Brianne and Jake. Brian did a toast to the new Lardo's generation, as we sat at a familiar table, reminiscing about going there when we were little. Now we were there, without our parents...fun traditions that keep going. Have I mentioned I LOVE my family?
2. Anna's first day at Mother's Day Out. She did fantastic. I was told she was just wonderful and talks really well...we both enjoyed our day, doing new things.
3. Anna's first rendition of the ABC's! My mom got her a fridge phonics set for Christmas and it is a new favorite and she will push the button and start to sing. She has A B C D down then it gets all jumbled. But wow - so cute and amazing!
4. My clean car, Jake washed it for me while I was gone and yesterday I did the inside. Silly, I know - but he knows what makes me smile and a clean car is one of them!
5. Laugh if you want - but the 1 show I just love is my soap, General Hospital. I TIVO it so it is less than 50min a day I spend indulging. Anyhow, I got caught up from the last two weeks (took about 3 episodes of 14). It is a guilty pleasure and yes, I am thankful for it!
6. My new book/study Power of a Praying Wife - highly recommend. Just starting but love it already.
7. Being able to be an AT HOME MOMMY - really, to think that Jake wants me here, will do whatever it takes on his part to make that possible. What a sacrifice. I love waking up with Anna every day and all the little moments I have with her (and Wilson) that I would miss out on if I was working away from home.
8. Rion Rogers, Jake's best friend. He is just an amazing guy that I love being around, I love that Jake can count on him, be a goofball and serious all at the same time. Rion is pretty fond of Anna too, he asked on Sunday if he could take her with him - mind you he is a 28yr old bachelor...totally clueless what he would be getting himself into. But the thought was nice. HAha!
9. The Prince family, every darn one of them. I could look back and say I am sad I missed out on hanging with them more when we lived 15min away, but that is silly. I look forward and say, all these years laters, and all the miles, how great that we are probably closer than we were then!!
10.Being a mom, all the ins and outs
Wednesday, January 11, 2006
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)





No comments:
Post a Comment