A little over 2weeks since I have been here, and am I crazy if I say I actually wanted to post several times while I was gone? Yes, I truly missed my computer access (in more than 1 way). Anyhow, I hummed and hahed about how to make up for my absence and decided a little paragraph (or 10, the way I write) in a summary of just some of the things I was reminded of while I was gone, things I remembered I love, reasons why I am so blessed. Then, I will get back to it with January 10th's thankful list. Sound good?
We had a marvelous time, both in Lindsay, OK with Jake's family, then in ID with mine. I am thankful for my dog, who traveled well, Mindy for watching and loving on him and how he has gotten right back into his routine. I just think he is great, and I admit, I really missed him. I will add - that part of it might be that Anna is IN LOVE with him, and hearing her talk about missing him, kissing his picture, was too cute.
Back to the family - I love feeling so at home with Jake's family, and our HUGE get togethers are fun. Not many family's have the ability to continue getting together as they near 30people, but his does. We have so much fun.
Our plane ride to Boise was without a hitch and Anna was amazing. I won't say we were comfortable or enjoyed it, but for a near 2yr old, totally amazing. People compliment us often on how good she is, but I can't take credit, it is a natural gift that we have been blessed with. God knew what kind of kid we needed. heehee.
The feeling I had seeing my brother drive up was neat, I truly missed him and couldn't have been happier to see him, meet his amazing girlfriend. That whole situation was more than perfect. I have always wondered what my sister in law would be like, I have prayed that she would be good for BJ but of course, selfish me, I prayed that I would love her. Growing up with all boy cousins and a brother, I have dreamed of having a sister. Erin is so great. I felt like I had known her forever in a matter of 5 minutes. She has a heart for God, for kids, she laughs and picks on Brando (what could be better)? Anyhow, I could go on and on, but after a week I know that we will be great friends.
I miss McCall a lot, watching the snow fall outside was so relaxing, almost mesmerizing. I think I appreciate it a little more now, knowing it will probably be the only time this year I get to see big fluffy flakes fall amongst the tall evergreens, with a fire roaring behind me. Aghhh, take me back!
Brandon, Erin, Jake and I played roommates for a week, and that was cozy and fun. Makes you feel child like again - come on - you know, talking when you are falling asleep, laughing etc. Got to love the 3am snow plow outside that lights up the WHOLE room and beeps for what seems like hours.
I laughed a lot while I was gone, I admit I don't laugh as much as I wish I did. I hope that changes. But I laughed with Brandon and watching my dad with Anna and all the silly things that my family does together, things I can't even explain. Just the way we are. You know what I am saying.
One highlight was this cute little wagon that my dad made, while we were in McCall, for Anna to put her blocks in. I had no idea what he was working on, and then one night in he came with a little wagon, stained and all, it said "Anna's Wagon" on it. My dad is not one for words, but that Wagon didn't need words. I knew what it meant. I love that Anna warmed up to my family so quick, it took her literally 10seconds to put the faces with names and you would think she saw them all the time. Now, she can see Grandma and Grandad, as they got her a camera for our computer and one for themselves. She yelled at the top of her lung's "HI GRANDMA" last night and pointed and laughed. Got to love technology.
My mom made an amazing poncho for Anna, I will post a picture, she is in love with her poncho and is such a princess in it. I cherish the hand made gifts and love that they light up Anna's eyes, like they do mine.
Last week, in Boise I missed Jake terribly. Driving by our old houses and wondering the whole week "did we make the right decision in moving?" and not having anyone to share it with. But when we got home late Sunday I realized that we are where we need to be for now. I am happy with it, at home and at peace. FINALLY!
I got to see some good friends, and enjoyed the short but WONDERFUL meals I shared with them, and the round table talk at Dawna's. I know, no matter the distance, that these are friends to stay and that makes me feel good. I love Boise, I love that I can say I lived there, that I have friends there, that I can visit and enjoy my time there. Everything about it makes me smile. I feel really blessed for that.
It was so nice to have my mom and gma all to myself, just us girls, and the 4 of us make a scene when we go in public, several times we heard, "Are there 4 generations here?" Indeed. How cool is it that my granma can still shop, pick Anna up, baby sit her, wrestle with her etc. we aren't all just here, but healthy and engergetic. Anna truly loved her time with Gramma and GG and I did too.
I feel Like I have so much to say but if I am tired of typing, you HAVE to be tired of reading. So, More later. But for today:
1. My own bed - after a week on an air mattress, it is a nice feeling!
2. The rain - we are 15inches below normal for the season, we need it so badly.
3. Amy D. - Man did I miss her. It was so wonderful to hear her voice today, I am so blessed to call her a friend.
4. Our new web cam. I know, it is Anna's, but I like seeing my mommy too...whenever I want :0)
5. That in a month my brother will live 3 hrs from us! I can hardly wait. This means I get to see Erin a little more often as well. Yahoo!
6. Hearing Jake breathe next to me at night. Yeah, I complain sometimes b/c it gets louder than it should, but seriously...it is so comforting.
7. God's divine protection. All the people, all the traveling, not a hitch, no trouble, all safe!
8. A new year, full of new dreams, aspirations, hopes and promises. Something is so refreshing about it. And to think that doesn't even begin to compare to the new LIFE we have in Christ!
9.The fridge and pantry full of food, got to love the "just got home from the store" choices for lunch. Seriously, I am so greatful I have food.
10. My little Anna, that never ceases to amaze me with her gentle spirit and sharp wit. She is 2 going on 5.
Monday, January 09, 2006
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)





No comments:
Post a Comment